M06 armored modular machine gun mount family have been designed for integration with:
- various types of wheeled and tracked combat vehicles,
- armored personal carriers,
- dual purpose vehicles and military transport vehicles, in order to provide sufficient firepower level to engage manpower and lightly armored ground targets at typical combat ranges.
M06 armored modular machine gun mount family is intended for one-man operation and provides operator armor protection against small arms fire up to 7.62 x 54 mm Ball (7.62 x54 B-31 as option) and splinters. Protection covers operator breast area from horizontal arc, 360 deg.
Mount is equipped with side-opening hatches; hatches are intended for side armored protection in operational (opened) position), or for vehicle top attack protection during transport (closed) position
Mount is particularly recommended for integration with utility and transport vehicles engaged in convoy protection and urban patrol duties in sensitive areas of hostile activities during recent anti-guerrilla and anti-terrorist operations, as well as during various peace-making/peace-keeping operations.
Armored machine gun mount family features high accuracy, due to high platform and weapon stability during full automatic fire, high reliability, high firepower, good visibility, short target acquisition and target engagement time, high combat versatility, high combat load, efficient sighting system and sufficient operator armor protection level.
Armament system module options include:
- 7.62 x 54 mm M86A tank general purpose machine gun, (based on modified PKT tank MG design), or M86 (based standard PKT tank MG design) with manual azimuth and elevation laying, reflex and mechanical sight and electrical or mechanical (back up) triggering mechanism
- 7.62x54 mm M84 infantry GPMG with optical sight and infantry-type azimuth and elevation laying/aiming and triggering
- 12.7 x 107 mm M87 HMG (based on NSV tank HMG design) with manual azimuth and elevation laying, reflex and mechanical sight and mechanical triggering mechanism
- 30 mm M93 AGL with manual azimuth and elevation laying, optical and mechanical sight and mechanical triggering mechanism
- 20 mm M55 automatic gun, which represents truly multipurpose weapon capable of engaging low flying aerial targets as well as lightly and non-armoured vehicles and manpower.
Universal modular armored machine gun mount family technical characteristics:
– Field of action: (azimuth: 360º , elevation: - 5º to + 60º, version 1; - 10º to + 45º , version 2; - 5º to + 75º, version 3; - 5º to + 70º, version 4)
– turret weight (without ammunition and individual set): 280-300 kg
– armor protection, frontal, side and rear arc: 7.62 x 54 mm Ball
– turret aperture: 520 mm
– turret length (“zero” elevation): 1840 mm
– turret width: 920 mm
– turret height (“zero” elevation): 850 mm.
– sighting system: reflex sight/optical sight
– combat set: 7.62 mm - 8 ammunition boxes, containing 250 linked cartridges per box – total 2000 rounds; 12.7 mm – 8 ammunition boxes, containing 50 linked cartridges per box – total 400 rounds; 30 mm – 8 ammunition boxes, containing 30 linked cartridges per box – total 240 rounds
– Turret rotation torque, max: 30 Nm
– Power supply voltage: 24 V