Battlefield Management System (BMS) is a hardware and software solution that will greatly enhance situational awareness and provide unit commander with support in mission planning & preparation, decision making, organization, report issuing, command distribution, target acquisition and similar activities related to combat operations.
- Display of position on situation map,
- Mission planning support,
- Positioning and navigation,
- Communication between allied units,
- Information exchange,
- Participation in targeting procedure
- Ruggedized tablet computer
- Stabilized optronic surveillance and targeting station,
- Radar warning receiver
- Hardware-Software interface for radio equipment,
- Interface for other electronic equipment and sensors, and FCS subassemblies
Position and orientation system
- GPS based positioning and orientation device with inertial support,
- Accuracy of 0.1 – 0.5 degrees (rms) with heading and position updates of up to 20 Hz,
- High-precision, SBAS differential positioning accuracy of 50 cm, 95% of the time,
- Special algorithm for stability maintenance during temporary differential signal outage,
- Compatible with other differential sources through RTCM input
- unique ergonomically designed user interface that is optimized for use with touch screen, pen or track ball.
- In order to achieve better scope on a situation semi-transparent controls are used.
- Rapid transition between Combat and Planning mode, as well as between 2D and 3D views.
Communication Manager is responsible for sending and receiving encrypted messages between tanks in a company.
Messages can be one of the following types:
- info messages – position and orientation
- short message - alert, information or order
- Logistic message – ammunition, fuel, …
- Image message
- Video message
- Map update message – distribution of mission plan
- Crypto-block enables encryption of data that are to be sent and received,
- Encryption is done using DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm based on symmetric keys.
- Sending and Receiving data is possible only between stations with the same symmetric key
- All information is encrypted
- Crypto-code can not be broken, even in case of good knowledge of BMS system (human factor excluded)