Owing to installation of modern computer controlled fire control system, 30/2 M53/59 AD gun has been given capability to fight effectively with modern air attack assets, as well as against ground targets.
- efficient against targets flying at speeds up to 500 m/s, at ranges up to 3500 m,
- autonomous action, by use of its own optoelectronic fire control system,
- target data acquisition by use of surveillance-acquisition radar,
- integration into wider command-control-intelligence system,
- short response time,
- simplified handling and maintenance.
30/2 M53/59 AD gun can effectively engage following target types:
- fixed and rotary wing aircraft,
- unmanned aerial vehicles,\
- cruise missiles,
- air launched weapons,
- lightly armoured and non armoured ground targets
- zones of manpower concentration.